[libav-tools] Looking for on-the-fly mp3 to ogg conversion...
h***@dynaread.com
2016-05-25 14:52:09 UTC
Hello Libav Tools colleagues,

We're looking for a server-side on-the-fly conversion script to convert mp3
files into ogg files. Not 100% sure we can do this with libav.

ANY IDEAS or SUGGESTIONS

WHY I ask... (a bit of Dyslexia Advocacy - all number mentioned are from
reputable science papers)
My team has been working since early 2011 to deliver free dyslexia testing,
and very affordable dyslexia remediation to older struggling readers: A
work of love. To date 90% of children with dyslexia are pumped through our
schools without diagnosis or remediation, entering High School low literate
or illiterate. Dyslexia affects 10% of the population; it is a learning
disability with neurobiological origins. Ten percent. Yet, in prisons we
find 60% of inmates, and among adolescent suicides a shocking 89%. On the
flip side, one-third of who make our society work are dyslexics as well.
They tend to be highly creative, diagnostic, analytical, conceptual, and
relational thinkers.

Looking forward to your wisdom. Thanks!

Hans
--
Hans "Dutch" Dekkers
CEO / Head of Research

+1 (844) CAN READ / +1 844 226 7323
+1 888 690 5078 (fax)
http://www.dynaread.com
***@dynaread.com
My social media: LinkedIn
<http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/hans-j-a-dekkers/19/407/b17> ::: Google+
<https://plus.google.com/100135522012973370994/posts> ::: Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/hdekkers>

*Dynaread Social Media*
Google+ <https://plus.google.com/u/0/106545368186779736946/posts> :::
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/dynareadspecialeducation> ::: Twitter
<https://twitter.com/dynaread> ::: YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/videodynaread>

DYNAREAD SPECIAL EDUCATION CORPORATION

HELPING CHILDREN SUCCEED
Nicholas Young
2016-05-25 15:20:28 UTC
Hans -

It's most certainly doable with libav.

But first, what do you mean by "on the fly." Are you reading MP3 files, then streaming OGG via a webserver?

Once I understand that missing piece, I may be able to help further.

Nicholas

Sent from my iPhone
Post by h***@dynaread.com
[...]
My social media: LinkedIn ::: Google+ ::: Facebook
Dynaread Social Media
Google+ ::: Facebook ::: Twitter ::: YouTube